Sticky Date Pudding
- 200grams pitted dates
- 200grams water
- 2 teaspoons of bi-carb soda
- 170 grams of sugar
- 60 grams softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 130 grams of Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour
- Sauce Ingredients
- 250 grams cream
- 220grams soft brown sugar
- 130 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease round cake tin (20cm) and dust with flour.
- Chop dates finely or Thermomix chop for 8 seconds on speed 7.
- Add water and gently simmer on stove for 5 minutes constantly stirring. TM 5 minutes, 100C, on Speed 1.
- Add bi-carb soda and mix well. TM 3 seconds, speed 2.
- Set mixture aside.
- In a bowl beat sugar and softened butter until light and creamy. TM 20 seconds speed 9, then insert butterfly and mix 1 minute on speed 4.
- Continue mixing and add 1 egg at a time along with vanilla essence. TM continue mixing in ingredients.
- Add flour and date mixture and mix well. TM remove butterfly and add flour and date mixture, mix 5 second speed 4.
- Pour cake mixture into prepared tin and place in preheated over. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake plate.
Serve with caramel sauce or fresh fruit if desired.
Put cream, sugar, butter and vanilla in a small saucepan and gently simmer for 8 minutes constantly stirring. Sauce will slightly thicken when ready. TM – All ingredients in bowl, 80C, speed 4 for 5 minutes.