Sticky Date Pudding - PALEO
- 200grams pitted dates
- 200grams water
- 2 teaspoons of bi-carb soda
- 70 grams coconut sugar
- 70 grams coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 130 grams of Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 150 grams dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or suit to your taste)
- 1 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease round cake tin (20cm) and dust with flour or line.
- Chop dates finely or TM chop for 8 seconds on speed 7.
- Put water and dates into a saucepan and gently simmer on stove for 5 minutes constantly stirring. TM 5 minutes, 100C, on Speed 1.
- Add bi-carb soda to the water/date mixture and mix well. TM 3 seconds, speed 2.
- Set bi-carb, date, water mixture aside.
- In a bowl add coconut oil, flour, sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla and mix well.
- Add date, water, bi-carb mixture to oil, flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla – mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and place in preheated oven. Bake for 50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
Serve with caramel sauce or fresh fruit as desired.
- Add the drained dates, vanilla and oil mix in food processor or TM until they form a thick paste.
- Add salt and coconut cream until well combined and creamy. Can be serve hot or cold.