Spiced Pumpkin Loaf
- 650g butternut pumpkin (peeled, deseeded and cooked)
- 100g butter, softened (dairy free, vegan , paleo replace with coconut oil)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (vegan use 1/2 cup apple sauce)
- 1 cup Natural Evolution banana flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare bread tin with baking paper or by greasing and dusting with flour.
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Continue adding in the cooked pumpkin, banana flour, bicarbonate soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove – mixing well between each addition.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin. If desired sprinkle with sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.