- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) golden syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup of Natural Evolution Banana Flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Optional: icing, smarties to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare two baking trays with baking paper
2. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the golden syrup and egg yolks, beat until combined. Stir in the flours, ginger, mixed spice, bicarbonate of soda and xanthan gum. Turn onto a piece of baking paper and knead until smooth. Press dough into a disc. If dough seems hot refrigerate for a couple of minutes.
3. Place the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use your favourite shape cookie cutters and place on trays about 3cm apart. Repeat step 2-3 with any excess dough.
4. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven. Transfer to a rack to cool.
5. Decorate and enjoy!