- 300grams pitted dates
- 200grams water
- 2 teaspoons of bi-carb soda
- 1/4 cup coconut of sugar (optional)
- 80 grams coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 130 grams of Mt Uncle's Banana Flour
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease or line bread tin.
- Chop dates finely or Thermomix chop for 8 seconds on speed 7.
- Add water and gently simmer on stove for 5 minutes constantly stirring. TM 5 minutes, 100C, on Speed 1.
- Add bi-carb soda and mix well. TM 3 seconds, speed 2.
- Set mixture aside.
- In a bowl beat sugar and oil. TM 20 seconds speed 9, then insert butterfly and mix 1 minute on speed 4.
- Continue mixing and add 1 egg at a time along with vanilla bean paste. TM continue mixing in ingredients.
- Add flour and date mixture and mix well. TM remove butterfly and add flour and date mixture, mix 5 second speed 4.
- Pour cake mixture into prepared tin and place in preheated over. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake plate.