Banana Flour Kingston
- 3/4 cup of almonds (crushed through a blended or TM - almond meal should also work)
- 3/4 cup real green banana flour - Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Banana Flour for Baking
- 1/2 cup sugar (coconut sugar for Paleo options)
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or vegetabe oil)
- 1/4 cup milk (coconut or nut for Paleo/Vegan options)
- 2 tablespoons of honey or agave nectar
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly and evenly combined. Mixture will be wetter than regular cookie recipes as we want a delicious end result (not dry).
- Using a pipping bag or sandwich bag with hole cut or wet hands make circles of mixture onto a baking tray lined with cooking paper. Keep the mixture thin as it will double-triple the height during cooking.
Approx 3.5cm diameter circles of wet mixture gave me approximately 34 cookies which made 17 Kingstons (2 biscuits joined together)
- Bake at 150C for 25-30minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely before moving. The resistant starch in the banana flour needs time to cool and reform, if you move it when it’s still hot you will get crumbs.
- Using your choice of icing, ganache, ice-cream etc . put a teaspoon sized amount in the centre of one biscuit, use another biscuit to stick together gently pressing until icing etc. is evenly dispersed.