Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 20 grams butter
- 500-550gram Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, cut into 8 wedges, then cut into half cm slices
- 1 1/4 cup of Mt Uncle's Banana Flour
- 1cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 23cm spring form tun with butter.
- In a medium bowl whist together the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, milk, whole eggs, orange zest and vanilla.
- Transfer dry ingredients to the large wet ingredients bowl and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Pour half the mixture into spring form tin.
- Layer apples around tin, pour more mixture, layer more apples until all are used.
- Ensure apples are covered with mixture. Push down if not.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
Can be dusted with icing sugar and served with ice cream or fresh fruit.