Lime Coconut Cake
Gluten free, light, delicious and easy! This Lime Coconut Cake will be enjoyed by the whole family.
1 cup of Natural Evolution Banana Flour
1/2 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
2/3 cup shredded coconut (extra 1/3 for topping)
150 g of melted butter – make it dairy free by using coconut oil
1/2 cup lime juice
1 tablespoon of finely grated lime rind
- Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease and dust 18cm square cake tin.
- In a bowl, Thermomix or similar add all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared tin, smooth with spatula and sprinkle 1/3 cup of shredded coconut. Bake in over for 40 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool before transferring onto a wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Enjoy! Delicious and light Lime Coconut Cake.
Why Natural Evolution Banana Flour?
Natural Evolution were the first company to commercially produce green banana flour. Green Banana Flour is a nutrient dense alternative for baking sweet or savoury, it can also be used to thicken soups/stews or season meats. Natural Evolution produce to the highest international pharmaceutical standards using their patented NutroLock Technology. Nutrolock Technology is multi-award winning and has been scientifically tested to lock in 20-50 times more nutrition than other food preservation technology. NutroLock is 100% natural, raw process that is sustainable.
Natural Evolution Green Banana Flour is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free and is suitable for diabetic, paleo and vegan diets. Naturally high in magnesium, potassium and dietary fibre. Grown and produced to the highest farming standards in Tropical North Queensland, Australia – its better than organic! Proven and Tested.
– Mrs Natural Evolution xo