This week on the blog we are showcasing a recipe by Nicole from Clean Treats. If you aren’t yet familiar with Clean Treats head over to her blog and check it out https://journeythatislife.wordpress.com/ These taste as good as they look! Thanks Nicole! Enjoy 🙂 Cafe Banana Bread – Nicole from Clean Treats Makes 1 mini loaf + 2 cupcakes Ingredients 1 egg 1 banana 1tsp heilala vanilla sugar 1tsp heilala vanilla essence 10 dates chopped 2tbsp SR whole flour 1/2c Food Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Banana Baking Flour 2tbsp maple 2tsp instant coffee (dissolved in 1tbsp water) 1/4c walnuts or pecans chopped 2 tbsp milk 1tsp baking powder 1tbsp coconut oil or organic butter melted Topping; Table of Plenty Original Bircher Muesli (or other muesli) Directions
Cafe Banana Bread
- Line a mini loaf tin. Set oven to 180 degrees.
- Mash your egg, banana, milk, vanilla, maple, coconut oil/butter, coffee and set aside.
- Combine your flours, walnuts, sugar and dates
- Combine both mixes together well.
- Pour into lined loaf tin, and two cupcake silicon cups. Or all silicon cupcakes or a cake tin.
- Bake cupcakes for 12minutes and loaf for 22minutes (check with a skewer).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before moving to a wire rack out of the tin.