This week on the blog we have a beautiful and super scrumptious recipe by the very talented Health and Fitness Coach Aimee from Primal Influence. With that in mind Aimee has delivered all that we would expect gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free and dairy free – perfect for Primal and Paleo eating styles. Please enjoy this awesome treat and make sure you head over to Primal Influence on Facebook to see more of what they do! Lemon Cream Biscuit Sandwich Ingredients Biscuit 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut 3/4 cup banana flour – Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour 1/4 cup coconut flour 2 pastured eggs 1 tsp pure vanilla (paste, powder, bean) 1/4 cup raw honey 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil Cream Filling 3/4 cup Ayam coconut cream 1 cup organic desiccated coconut or replace cream and desiccated coconut with 1 tbsp Ayam coconut cream and 3/4 cup Niulife creamed coconut (I find the creamed coconut and Ayam work best) 1 tbsp pure beef gelatin powder 1 tbsp raw honey 1 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice Double the Cream Filling quantities for a thick cream sandwich Method Biscuit
Biscuit Sandwich with Lemon Cream
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine
- Place dough on a sheet of baking paper on the bench top with another sheet on top then use a rolling pin to flatten mixture to an even 1cm thickness
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven on 170 for about 10-15 mins or until starting to brown on edges but too dark or the biscuit will be over-cooked
- Once cooked allow to cook
- Next you can either use a knife to cut square or rectangle shapes or use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles for a neat shape and finish
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix well so desiccated coconut is as smooth as possible. It may help to soak it in the coconut cream for a while first but if you have a good blender it shouldn’t be an issue. If your mixture is too thick for the blender add a little more coconut cream at a time to get the blades moving again. You may need to use a spoon to loosen up the mixture at the base from time to time. It’s a lot easier using the creamed coconut, less blending needed!
- Spoon the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper and use another sheet and a rolling pin to flatten out to about the same size and thickness as the biscuit mixture
- Transfer to the fridge and leave in for about 1-2 hours so the mixture firms up
- Remove from the fridge and cut to the same size as the biscuit pieces you have
- Place a cream piece onto a biscuit piece, with another biscuit piece on top to create a ‘sandwich’
- Serve and enjoy!