Hazelnut Brownie – gluten, grain, dairy & egg free!!
This is my absolute favourite brownie recipe evolved into a super delicious vegan alternative!! It can be so easy to get overwhelmed thinking about cooking egg free but really its pretty simple my go to substitute for egg is 2 ripe bananas, however there are many other ideas and solutions.
•125g coconut oil
•1/2 cup coconut sugar
•125g dark chocolate, chopped
•4 small to medium bananas (mashed well or puree will be easier for non TM users)
•1/3 cup Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour Banana Flour for Baking
•35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
•1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
•150g (1 1/4 cup) hazelnuts roughly chopped (can be replaced with walnuts, macadamias of any other nut of your choice)
1.Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease an 18 x 28cm cake tin or line the base of the pan with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place oil, sugar and chocolate in a large saucepan and stir over medium heat until well combined.
3. Remove from heat and beat in the mashed bananas using a wooden spoon.
4. Sift together Natural Evolution Banana Flour for Baking, cocoa and bi-carb soda into the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the hazelnuts.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until firm and until a few crumbs cling to a skewer when it’s inserted into the centre.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease an 18 x 28cm cake tin or line the base of the pan with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place oil, sugar and chocolate in TM bowl, combine on speed 8 for 30 seconds then set to 80C for 2 mins on speed 6.
3. Stop heat and beat in the eggs one at a time on speed 6.
4. Add Natural Evolution Banana Flour for Baking, cocoa and baking powder into the chocolate mixture mix on speed 8 for 30 seconds.
5. Add hazelnuts and backward mix on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
6. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until firm.
Mrs Natural Evolution xo