Cauliflower and Onion Bhaji
Cauliflower and Onion Bhaji perfect for lunch, dinner, snack or lunchbox! Enjoy simply on their own with a fresh garden salad as an appetiser or side dish.
- ½ head of medium sized cauliflower, cut into tiny florets
- 2 large onions
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour (Green Banana Flour for Baking)
- 1-tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg whisked
- 1-teaspoon turmeric
- 1-teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds (if not available substitute with ground cumin)
- ½-teaspoon garam masala
- 1 chilli (optional)
- ½-teaspoon chilli powder
- 1-teaspoon sea salt
- Oil for frying
- Cold Water
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients aside from lemon juice and egg.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the lemon, egg and enough cold water to make a thick batter.
- Pour oil so that the frying pan has good coverage. Heat until a small drop of batter immediately sizzles and cooks quickly.
- Drop large spoonfuls of mixture into the oil and cook in batches, turning as required until golden and crisp.
- Set aside on paper towers to drain oil.
- Serve with your favourite salad, relish or chutney! Enjoy!
Cauliflower and Onion Bhaji an amazing dish coooked by our very own Natural Evolution Founder – Farmer Rob.
Mrs Natural Evolution and Farmer Rob xo