Searching for a restaurant quality dessert? Quick and easy to prepare with no comprise on flavor and just so happens to be gluten free, grain free and high in resistant starch? Well look no further! This gluten free pistachio cake is guaranteed to satisfy even the most fastidious taste buds.
Please remember you can always and easily substitute most ingredients to suit your diet. Milk can be dairy or nut, butter can be replaced with coconut oil, sugar can be replaced with coconut sugar, agave nectar, or honey. If you are using honey only use 1/4 of the recommended amount as it is much sweeter.
3/4 cup Natural Evolution Green Banana Flour (Green Banana Resistant Starch)
3/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
3/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
1 teapsoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of lime rind
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Use food processor or TM to finely grind pistachios. Be careful not to over grind them as you do not want a paste. TM users speed 8 for 8 seconds.
2. Add in Green Banana Flour, bicarbonate soda, sugar, milk, vanilla, salt, eggs, cinnamon, butter and lime rind. Mix well until well combined. TM users speed 6 for 30 seconds.
3. Pour into greased and lightly dusted pan.- I used a round 20cm tin which was absolutely perfect giving me 8 good servings.
4. Bake for around 30-40 mins or until skewer inserted into center comes out clean.
5. Serve and Enjoy! Pictured below with ginger and lime ice cream. See below for ice-cream recipe.
Ginger and Lime Ice-Cream
1 lt of vanilla ice-cream (I prefer to make my own with jersey milk and cream and I follow the recipe from Thermomix “Eevryday cooking … for every family”)
100gr roughly chopped Budrim naked ginger
juice and rind of half a lime
1. Place all ingredients into Thermomix, ice-cream should be roughly chopped into pieces.
2. Mix all ingredients for about 1 minute starting on speed 6 working up gradually to speed 10.
3. Pour into freezer container and put into freezer until frozen.
4. Enjoy with pistachio cake or simply on it’s own!
Evolve Naturally and Enjoy !
Mrs Natural Evolution xo