Pineapple Upside Down Cake
It’s my favourite time of year and this week I’m making the most of the beautiful fresh summer fruits available on my door step. An old family favourite that I remember my Grandma making, only gluten free, grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free suitable for paleo diets.Ingredients
- 3/4 cup Green Banana Flour – Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoons bi carb soda
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (plus a little extra for dusting the base of pan)
- 100grams coconut oil
- 4 slices of pineapple
- 3 tablespoons of coconut shredded or flaked (for decorating the base of the pan – this will end up being the top of your cake)
METHODMrs Natural Evolution
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Using a baking tin of your choice lightly dust the base with sugar and coconut and carefully place the slices of pineapple to a design of your liking. Remember this will be the top of the cake because you make it upside down!
- In thermomix or similar combine coconut sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time and finish by adding Ulitmate Gluten Free Baking Flour – Banana Flour, 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut and bi-carb soda. TM mix for 1 minute on speed 6 – a food processor would work well too.
- Pour prepared mixture on top of pineapple in tin and bake in oven for 35-40minutes until skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy & Evolve Naturally!