This week on the blog we are featuring an incredible recipe by Jake and Kath from @panaceas_pantry. Thanks girls these look incredible!! I can’t wait to make these myself! If you’d like to know about Jade and Kaths food adventures follow them on Instagram and Facebook.
Peanut butter, cacao and molasses cookies
Peanut butter, cacao and molasses cookiesIngredients Dry mix 3/4 cup Natural Evolution green banana flour – Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour 1/2 cup almond meal 1/4 tsp good quality salt 1/2 tsp bicarb soda 1/2 tsp baking powder Wet mix 1/3 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup rice malt syrup 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted 3 Tbsp organic blackstrap molasses (preferably unsulphered) 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or powder 1 chia egg (I Tbsp chia seeds + 3 Tbsp coconut water, soaked in a bowl for 5 minutes, or until thickened) 40 mL nut mylk 50-100 grams vegan dark chocolate of your choice, chopped into small chunks Method Preheat over to 170 degrees C, fan forced. Prepare a tray with baking paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and stir to combine evenly
- Add all wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly, until smooth and creamy
- Pour the wet mix into the dry, and mix together until combined
- Stir through choice chunks
- Using wet hands, make 12 balls and place on prepared tray
- Bake for around 16 minutes (on the top rack), or until your desired crunchiness!