Gooey Fudge Brownies – Quirky Cooking Style
This week I took a leaf from the very talented Jo at Quirky Cooking and made her incredible Gooey Fudge Brownies. They are dairy free, grain free, gluten free, sugar free and made from green banana flour! Seriously easy and number one for taste! You’ll be lucky if you have any left! Gooey Fudge Brownie Recipe (instead of coconut flour I used Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour which is green Cavendish banana flour) http://www.quirkycooking.com.au/2013/08/gooey-flourless-fudge-brownies-with-video/ Recipe Courtesy of Quirky Cooking – Jo Whitton Ingredients
- – 200g dark chocolate
- – 130g raw Medjool dates, pitted
- – 180g coconut oil
- – 30g banana flour
- – 4 eggs
- – 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- – 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a 22cm square baking dish with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) into the mixing bowl and mill for 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add the dates to the bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add the coconut oil and cook 5 mins/60C/speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec/speed 8. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl and mix another 10 sec/speed 6.
- Scrape mixture into a lined, square baking dish. Bake in preheated 190C oven for 18-20 mins. Cook until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into small squares, and refrigerate until cold.
- If you don’t have a Thermomix, you’ll need to finely chop the chocolate and dates (in a food processor if you have one) and melt together over a double boiler with the coconut oil, whisking until smooth. Then stir in the remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon.